The Twin Cities’ Choice for Asphalt Shingle Roofing Services
The #1 Storm Damage Restoration Team
- Better Business Bureau Accredited
- No Money Down and Low-Interest Financing Options
- Homeowner Advocates for Insurance Claims
The Preferred Asphalt Shingle Roofing Company
In Minneapolis and St. Paul area and across the nation, asphalt shingle roofing stands proud as the most popular and most affordable option for roofing available. Homeowners love its sturdy and reliable nature, in addition to the numerous styles and colors to choose from. With our team’s experience, we can present the options that best fit your building’s budget and enhance its curb appeal.
Crown Exteriors is the Twin Cities roofing contractor dedicated to providing nothing less than the best in asphalt shingle roofing. Stand confident that our professional team will commit to nothing less than the best work on your project and communicate with you every step of the way. You’re going to love your new roof’s quality, we can guarantee it.
To learn more about our asphalt roof services and your options, call us today at (651) 236-9227 to schedule a free inspection.
Shingle Brands We Work With
Crown Exteriors only works with the highest quality of roofing materials and are proud to be an IKO certified roofing company. IKO has been a global leader in shingles for over 70 years, they offer beautiful protection that has been engineered to last, you need only select the style that suits your needs. Additionally, we also offer shingles from two other leading manufacturers, Owens Corning and CertainTeed, so homeowners are covered no matter what type of shingle they are looking for. Call us for a free inspection and find out what style of shingles are best for your roof.
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
When it comes to asphalt shingles, there are three types to consider for your project: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural, and luxury asphalt shingles.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
Three-tab asphalt shingles are lightweight and energy-efficient shingles are the most common and easy to maintain and are named for the cutout form that gives them a distinct three-piece look. With proper care, three-tab shingles can last up to 20 years.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
For the longest-lasting shingles, for the home where curb appeal matters most, architectural shingles are a great choice. With a wider range of color options, dimension-adding laminated styles, and reflective versions to reduce summer cooling costs, you can enjoy the look and feel of these shingles for up to 50 years.
Luxury Asphalt Shingles
Cost-effective premium versions of asphalt shingle roofing, luxury asphalt shingles are designed to emulate high-end cedar or slate roofing with the benefit of costing only 1/10th of the cost of cedar shingles. For those who value both style and cost, this is a worthwhile investment.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons. It’s best to know what to expect. We will work with you to ensure your every concern is addressed so that you choose the shingle that is best for your project.
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability: Asphalt is the go-to answer for homeowners on a budget. With proper installation and maintenance, a quality roof doesn’t have to break the bank, especially with our financing options.
- Color Variety: From neutrals to statement colors, there are a variety of options to choose from. Based on your budget, you can even choose asphalt shingle roofing that emulates wood or slate.
- Simple Installation: Asphalt shingle roof repair is simple and the most cost-effective. Should the job require it, new shingles can be installed on top of existing shingles with little difficulty. Asphalt shingles last a lifespan of up to 20 years with proper maintenance.
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Environmentally Friendly: Asphalt shingles are non-recyclable, due largely to the harmful emissions they release. As the shortest roof lifespan, asphalt shingles contribute a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Wide-ranging temperatures and extreme weather conditions can cause cracks and warping of some asphalt shingle types.
Shingle Roof FAQs
What’s the cost of a new asphalt shingle roof in the Twin Cities?
On average, the cost of asphalt roofs can be on the mid to higher end. The size and slope of your home will impact the final cost, in addition to repairs that may be needed underneath your old shingles, and the type of asphalt shingles you choose for the project.
What are the most popular types of shingle roofs in the Twin Cities?
Architectural shingles have been growing steadily in popularity in the area, and with their longevity, it’s clear to see why. Take solace in knowing that when you install an architectural roof that it is built to last a long time.
What is the average lifespan of an asphalt roof?
With proper maintenance, the average 3-tab asphalt can last about 25 years, while luxury asphalt can go for as long as 40 years.
Want to learn more? Get a free inspection scheduled with our asphalt roof experts. We’d love to show you how a new roof can transform your home.
Let Us Advocate For You
We advocate for homeowners, like a lawyer advocates for a client in the courtroom. Let us be your trusted restoration services provider while delivering exceptional-workmanship, superior value and 100% satisfaction. Click for a free inspection to see what projects Crown Exteriors can get done for you.